For this weekend, I am bringing you a very unique story of a unique hotel in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. It’s a metal structure that was built by US Coastal Guard, 32 miles away from the nearest beach in North Carolina. It was a lighthouse to signal the marine communities which is nearby shallow waters. With the modern GPS and Satellite navigations, we no longer need them.
About a decade ago the facility was on auction. The current owner Richard Neal won the bid for US$ 85,000 and he converted the lighthouse to a Hotel. I am going to summarise some important information for your knowledge. Enjoy the weekend while reading my website and a spare couple of minutes to watch my YouTube video and subscribe.
1) The Frying Pan Hotel is the most dangerous Hotel in the World. As the frequent naughty sea, bad weather, remote location and decades-old metal structure which is still undergoing renovations. There are more parameters and I will write an article next time.
2) The Frying Pan is helping to the underwater ocean life as a natural ecosystem even it was built by man. In other words, Frying Pan is now a part of nature and home to oceanic lives.
3) Now the Frying Pan is something beyond the Hotel and they welcome volunteers who can help with renovation projects to keep the tower alive for centuries time.
4) Frying Pan is surrounded by 50 feet the Atlantic Ocean in International waters. Richard could have declared it as his own Nation.
5) You will find even Shark and many other ocean stars around Frying Pan.
6) The tower got that name as it’s nearby Frying Pan Shoals which was a threat to ships in the past.
7) Frying Pan lighthouse was constructed between 1964 – 1966 as a lighthouse.
8) Frying Pan is an 80 ft high complete metal structure and even helicopters can land there.
9) You can stay a night for around US$ 600 or below per person including boat access and meals and many activates. It’s something like a banquet resort.
10) Frying Pan is one of the most impressive places by Internet Influencers.
One of the very famous YouTuber and Vlogger “Mitch Summers” did a video about this. Enjoy…