Opening the 1st of February 2021, very disturbing news heard from South-East Asia. Military has taken over the control of Myanmar and Political leaders including Aung San Suu Kyi have been arrested. Ms Suu Kyi won the recent election and Military Junta alleged that the election was corrupted.
- Until 2010, Myanmar was under the Military Control and first civilian government was formed after 2011 election.
- Aung San Suu Kyi is the daugther of Burma Independence Hero and he was assassinated just before Burma get independence. Aung San Suu Kyi was 2 years old at that time.
- Aung San Suu Kyi was imprisoned-in-house 15 years over 21 years of period by Military Junta of Myanmar.
- Aung San Suu Kyi brought the democracy for the country by peaceful fight against dictatorship of miltiary.
- Ms Suu Kyi was awarded Nobel Prize of Peace in 1991 while she was in house imprisonment.
- However, Rohingya conflict was not progressively move under Ms Suu Kyi’s administration.
- Rohingya conflict is decades old internal conflict in Myanmar between majority Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims minority live in Rakhine state.
- In 2017 under the Ms Suu Kyi’s administration military action was taken at State Rakhine. Many of Rohingya people flee as a result of military action
- Ms Suu Kyi was criticized by International supporters over violent actions against Rohingya Muslims.
- The conflict was there since 1940s as a separate Muslim state for Rohingya people was promised by British Rule when British received the support of Rakhine state Muslims.
- Rakhine state Buddhists were received the support of Japan at that time.
- In 2018 A study conducted by Harvard University estimated nearly 24k Rohingya people were killed at Military crackdown in 2017.
- And Misleading attempts were done by both sides of conflict by using fake images. Crack downed those incidents and you can find and read them online.
- News reports said there is not violence or tensions in Myanmar yet over recent taken over. It seems there’s nothing new for people who lived under decades of military control.
- Several communication supplies disconnected as per twitter feeds and few are up. Those supplies included TV, Radio, telephone and Internet.
What will be the next? Will Myanmar live under military control forever? Aung San Suu Kyi was born in 1945 and she is near to retire as 75 years old. Who will be the next to save Myanmar from Military? What would be the destiny of Rohingya people?
We have lots of questions to be answered. Stay tune with us and we will bring you the depth of story.
Journalist and Vlogger