Did you know that The Mars Perseverance Rover had 5 weird things including your name? Yesterday, (18/Feb/2021) NASA could successfully land Mars perseverance Rover after nearly half a billion kilometers over 7 months.
Watch highlights of Landing
What are the 6 things inside the rover?
1) The Rover transported a microchip contained 10.9 million names of lucky people who could register their name under “Send your name to Mars” Project. If you registered your name and got boarding passes, your name is now in Mars. Wait for the call if aliens got it 😉
2) NASA sent some sample audio like birds sound, ocean wave, human voices. You can found those sounds in NASA mission page.
3) The left side of the Rover chassis got a 3×5 inch aluminum plate to pay tribute the warriors who fight against COVID-19 for human race. It’s reminding Doctors, nurses, engineers and scientists.
4) Sherloc went to mars??? – This is a bit technical instrument to pay tribute the fictional consulting detective Sherlock Holmes from the 221B, Baker Street, London. I decided to extract the words from space.com website about this instrument to avoid missing technical information.
“Fans of geocaching — a treasure-hunting game in which people use GPS to hide and find treasures — will enjoy knowing that the rover team hid a special coin made of helmet-visor material on one of the instruments. The NASA statement called it a geocache “more remote than any other.”
The coin is part of the calibration target for the SHERLOC (Scanning Habitable Environments with Raman & Luminescence for Organics & Chemicals) instrument and is etched with the address of its famous narrative namesake (221b Baker Street in London).
SHERLOC is also adorned with a slice of Martian meteorite and four other samples of spacesuit materials. While it’s cool to have some of NASA’s spaceflight history on Mars, the space agency also included the spacesuit material to see how it holds up on the Martian surface. “
It’s from space.com about SHERLOC
5) Finding the Sign of Life Equipment – Mastercam-Z : Rover is equipped with zoom-able colour cameras to find the signs of life on Mars as well as capture the colourful red planet sceneries.
My greatest wish is to see the commercial passenger transportation to Mars and building human colonies in Mars or at least in Moon. If we can find unlimited way to generate oxygen from available resources on Moon or Specially on Mars, we will have a go. I wish to see the Red Planet by my own eyes one day. Do you????? comment here. Share this article. Above all, visit our “Anuradha Bernard” YouTube Channel and Like “Anuradha Bernard” on Facebook.