International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th of March 2021 with the Them of “Choose To Challenge”. #ChooseToChallenge
✍️ By Anuradha Bernard
I found these inspiring 6 women from Different Continents, Different Skin Colours, Different Cultures and Different Social-Economical Backgrounds.
01) Kamala Harris – Vice President of the United States of America – Kamala Harris is USA Politician who was elected as the Vice President in last 2020 US Election. She is the First Ever Women Vice President of USA, First Ever Black American Vice President of USA and First Ever South Asian Origin Vice President. She came across a long way that usually very hard to go through either men or women. She choose to challenge even today.
02) Malala Yousafzai – Young Women Education Activist who was attacked by Alquaida and Taliban Terrorists. Malala is from Pakistan, a third world country in South Asia. Her Islamic Society is strongly discourage educating women. Might be her immediate society, but the pressure of terrorists who support anti-women policy in their terrorism policies. She won the Nobel Peace Prize at Age 17th as the youngest Nobel Prize Winner so far. She choose to challenge Most Powerful Terrorists.
03) Greta Thunberg – Greta is Swedish teenage Environmental activists from Sweden and still she is challenging World Leaders to take immediate action over Climate Change. Yes She choose to challenge Most Powerful Politicians and the Business community.
04) Sarah AL-Ameri – She is the State Minister of Advance Technology in UAE. She is also the chairperson of UAE Space Agency. And She hold the second in command at UAE HOPE Mars Probe Mission which was launched in 2020, middle of the Pandemic. She choose to challenge the World’s bad view over Middle East. World thinks Middle Eastern Countries ill-treat women. In some points, Yes it is. But it is getting better. Sarah is one of example. So She choose to challenge. To outside view and even within.
05) Tsai Ing-Wen – She is the President of Taiwan. She is believing Taiwan is Free Open Democratic Country, instead of China’s ruled closed, non-democratic, military governance dictatorship. Her country is not available in some World map as an independent nation due to Chinese Politics. She is challenging China for the freedom of even men. Yes. She choose to challenge.
06 Jacinda Ardern – Prime Minister of New Zealand. She abandoned her church as they criticize her view over LGBT rights. She says that she didn’t give up her beliefs but the church. And she feed her breast feeding new born baby while speaking in the House and Press Conference as well. She managed to work as PM and be a good mother in the same time. She choose to challenge. She cared her citizens as a mother when disaster comes. Covid 19 and Christ Church attack are just two of them.
Many People will question me, why you don’t appreciate your mother, your sister or your girl friend instead of these rock stars on this Women’s Day. That’s how the People of Island Nation Sri Lanka thinks. They just believe, being the ordinary mother, wife or sister are the best option for a women as they are from third World Country thinking pattern.
I don’t mean that doing ordinary things of every women are bad. I just wanted to say, taking care of personal affairs isn’t something to write on social media or news website. These women have outcome the ordinary things to show how powerful women are. So they deserve this article than my family’s female members. So, I wrote this.
Share this message if you agree with me. Share anyway if you disagree and quote me on social media to point out my wrong ideas.
Follow Twitter/ Instagram as well.