It was a great sorrow to heard that UK Prince Consort Philip has passed away on 9th of April 2021. Prince Consort or the Husband of ruling queen of United Kingdom was the duke of Edinburgh. When the her majesty Queen Elisabeth ii the longest ruling queen, Prince Philip was always there for her and for the proud nation. Not only in Great Britain but also around the World, the royal couple was honoured as their successful marriage over many celebrities around the world. I am living in a very small and developing nation which is belongs to Common Wealth Organization and the most uneducated and rural older women or men knew about Prince Philip and the queen as a perfect example for successful family life.
Not only over that but also over many reasons, the Prince Philip was honoured around the World. He lived in a respected life and passed away as a respected man. So, I decided to point out top 10 facts about this remarkable royal member.
- Before his marriage with the princess Elisabeth (queen Elisabeth ii), his name was Prince of Greece and Denmark. After the marriage, his name was changed to Prince Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh. Prince Philip was a member of royals from Denmark and Greece. Primarily, his ancestors from Denmark. And he had deep roots from Germany, Russia and Britain as well.
2. He born on 10th of June, 1921 in Mon Repos, Corfu, Kingdom of Greece. But his family left the country when he was just 18 months infant.
3. He did complete his education in France, Germany and finally in UK. And he ended up in British Military 1939. He had contributed his service to WWii.
4. In 1934 he met Princess Elisabeth ii in the first time. From July 1939, he began corresponding with the thirteen-year-old Princess Elizabeth.
5. He was granted the permission to marry Princess Elisabeth ii by King George IV after the war and the official announcement was made in July 1947.
6. Most important day of his life, 20th of November 1947, he married princess Elisabeth ii. He abandoned his Greek and Danish titles and styles and became an elegant icon of British Royals. He was granted the title of Duke of Edinburgh.
7. Prince Philip did give a great gift to princess Elisabeth in the morning of their wedding day by abandoning his smoking habit.
8. Prince Philip is being worshipped as a god by a sect of people on the island of Tana, Vanuatu. When knowledge of the “Prince Philip Movement” was brought to the consort himself, it was suggested he send them a signed portrait.
Not one to make waste, Prince Philip once asked his tailor to adjust a pair of pants that he had first worn a full 52 years ago. For the record, this was in 2008, so those royal leggings saw even more things since then.
10. Prince Philip decided to retire from all public engagements, officially at his 96th age. With more than 22,000 separate individual events and engagements since 1952 and over 5,000 delivered speeches, Prince Philip is the longest serving British Prince consort, according to the Buckingham palace.