Let’s talk about World’s First and Only Completely Free Public Transportation System which is in Luxembourg. With my persona experiences, Singapore was the best country that I experienced star class public transportation. It isn’t free. But they got a very special feature for first three days of any visitor. I will tell you about that in next day. But, they offered a star class service with the combination of Buses, Trains, Tramps, LRT, MRT and Ferries as well. Let’s learn about Luxembourg Transportation Policy in 10 facts.
- In Mid 2020, Luxembourg country has announced that all Public Transportation Systems including Trains, Buses and Tramps are completely free for locals and foreigners as well. Anyone can take a ride for zero Euro cost as much as they want. Service quality is never downgraded.
- Luxembourg is the Financial Hub of the region and it is getting high traffic. The country and the city is small. They can’t afford many vehicles anymore. So, this record-breaking decision will impress most of the day today passengers. People will think twice before drive as PTS is free, convenient and comfortable.
- Luxembourg is getting a daily cross border workforce. Those people are helping countries economy. This policy will help those people. When they save money from transportation, their quality of life goes rise. Their productivity will increase.
- Before this policy, Luxembourg transportation was charging from passengers. Did you know that those fares were just 10% of the actual cost? It means, 90% of the public transportation was maintaining by tax money.
- With the new policy, the system will be maintained by tax money. Many people wonder that it isn’t making any difference. But it does. It is helping poor people to save money and taxation will encourage rich people to contribute to others well-being.
- People will be encouraged to accept employment opportunities without worrying about transportation cost when their employment is far away from home. It is making new opportunities for people in struggle.
- More tourists will be attracted to the city, despiting the high cost of travelling in Luxembourg. Luxembourg is an expensive destination but it is worthy to visit once in your lifetime.
- This service is being used (abused) by homeless people in the country. But it is a very sensitive issue. In the cold dark winters, Homeless people are being trapped out of nowhere. Regularly heated up coaches and trains are very comfortable places to spend out their day times. The government is considering this as an issue. But not as a headache. They are trying to solve it in a favourable way to those people.
- In the first place, there are few challenges. Traffic will not be decreased as much as expected. The reason is People need time to adopt the new system. Until all possible passenger switch from private vehicle to public ones, the benefits will be delayed but not denied.
- We are calling countries who struggle with traffics as well as least developments to reconsider their public transporation policies. In third World countries, the biggest struggle is everyone try to own a private vehicle as very poor public transportaiton. owning a vehicle isn’t a bad thing but all vehicles come to roads daily basis as poor public transporation. We do not suggest to adopt Rich Luxembourg’s system. But we suggest third world countries to adopt comfortable transporation system.
#luxembourg #travel #luxembourgcity #europe #photography #instagood #love #luxemburg #photooftheday #picoftheday #nature #city #travelphotography #travelgram #beautiful #fashion #trip #wanderlust #summer #instatravel #visitluxembourg #happy #architecture #luxemburgo #travelblogger #art #photo #traveling #instagram #friends