Emirates Airline is one of the largest carriers on Earth which is based in Duba, UAE. The company is a subsidiary of the UAE Government merchandise body and a multinational corporation at the same time. Emirates Airline is much popular for its iconic luxurious and comfortable big aircraft fleet. It was founded in 1985 and it is a part of the huge success of Dubai City.
In the pandemic situation, many thought that Emirates will fail as struggle to find enough passengers for its every way large capacity aircraft types. As I believe, bigger investments are much stable and Emirates is a perfect example of it. Let me list down 10 reasons behind the huge success of Fly Emirates.
- Large Capacity and Limited Number of types in fleet -The Fly Emirates just have two aircraft types primarily. Airbus A380 – the Largest passenger aircraft on Earth and the Boeing B777 one of the largest on Earth. Both aircrafts are very big in size and spacious cabin experiences for all classes. When you have open more seats and space, you can easily put weight on marketing to get more customers at the same time. So, your flights can be stayed open for long time than your competitor in the same route and gradually, easy to attract regular flyers to stay connected with your company. When someone got urgent seat, they always get used to say that emirates must have a seat. So, this will make a huge different for the time being. When Fly Emirates uses these few types of aircrafts, they can narrow down their training programmes for crew, limited investment for engineering and maintainance, simplify everything as they got few types of aircrafts.
- Geographical Location of their Hub – Dubai which is the hub of emirates can be called as one of the transit point of East and West. Even Africa to rest of the World. If someone travel from East to West or reverse, they will enjoy the same quality service despite their duration of flight. Even you can enjoy nearly splitted long flight. Some people may not comfortable to fly long distance continously. And most of very long haul flights are really expensive and Transits may reduce the cost of airfare as well. In simple word, Emirates flights are well connected with same quality comfort with average flight times as their hub locaiton benefit.
- UAE tolerance and geopolitical neutral policy – When we compare to the rest of the Middle East, UAE is the most cultural tolerence country in the region. They are welcoming and treating nicely without considering anyone on their race, ethnicity, religion or cutlure. It doesn’t mean they don’t practice their religion in proper way. But, they are so welcoming than more conservative muslim countries. Not only that, UAE is always so cooperative with World Powers and Geo-Political stake holders. They are closely work with Western World as well. For example, they opened their borders to Israel while rest of the Arab World in an anger with Israel. Read about the Abu Dabhi Mosque which is name after St. Mary from Christianity.
- Comforting Staff and Passengers in the same time – Some Airlines like Qatar Airways, are famous for their customer treatments at the best. But, they have some bad reputation over employee experiences. Emirates airline is one of the best place to work as they treat their employees with the respect and comfort. It naturally passing through employees to the customers. Happy employees are treating customers with their motivated mind. That’s how 21st century employee treatments make difference at success.
- Flying to the corners – Emirates has earned reputation to fly some uncommon destinations. Specially in Africa, Eurpe and Asia. They are brave enough to response market potetion despite their competitors hesitate. This makes so confident about the carrier when someone happened to fly some uncommon destinations.
- Huge Branding and Reputation – As I explained earlier, emirates got enough seats to do huge branding and advertising. So, they never hesitate to featured on large campaigns like UN sustainable goals, FIFA, Cricket World Cup or Expo Dubai. Successful branding will sustain a brand for a long time. Best example is Cocacola. So, the Emirates is the Cocacola in Airline Indusry.
- Home is always thriving – Emirates Airline got a huge advantage over other airlines as their hub is the home to World most thriving business and tourism activities. They receive huge frequent travellers over tourism and business reasons. So, they have awarded a permanent market by their home advantage.
- So up to date and never hestiate to take risks – Emirates introduced the World’s first in-flight shower and even hang out bar. They never hesitate to introduce high tech facilties, high end business facilities and most up to date customer experience followng their home city Dubai. Dubai was the first place to introduced contactless airport experience including eye scanning entry ways. They also introduced the first covid travel passport along the WTO. Not only that, they made the World’s biggest Airbus A380 order so far. There are lots of other risk taking steps made by Emirates to stand out.
- Great Leadership – Emirates is getting great guidance of their top management and the Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum. Not only that, UAE top elites are never hesitate to hire the best industrial experts to their businesses despite their background. They never stick with old traditional conservative ideas to hire people.
- Never dissapointing passengers – Emriates never dissapoint passengers. Emirates might offer the cheapest fare all the time. But, their premium fare includes a high expectation all the time from Economy class to first class. Not just the faiclities offered. They offer best cabin experience above all. Not only that, they offer pre and post flight best experiences.
I am senior journalist and vlogger “Anu Bernard”.
Subscribe to me on YouTube
Follow me on Facebook/Instagram and Twitter