Ukraine declared a state of emergency across the country after Russia started fully military deployment to Ukraine.
Monday we reported that Putin recognized two pro-Russian rebel-held regions as independent states. And also Putin ordered military deployment to those two regions for peacekeeping purposes. But the late night of the 23rd of Feb 2022, Russian military deployment happened far more aggressively than it was sounded before. Until we bring you the latest, these are the key points of the scenario happening in Ukraine.
Click here to learn about Two Regions of Eastern Ukraine that recognized by Putin
What’s really happening in the ground
- Russian Military officials entered Ukraine according to Putin’s Monday speech and latest orders from Kremlin
- Explosion heard from several cities including Ukrainian Catpial Kyiv. You can see that the capital city is far away from tension area
- Missile strikes were reported near Kyiv (Kiev) airport
- Ukraine closed their Air Space for Commercial Flights
- Ukraine has imposed a state of emergency
- Russian Embassy of Kyiv was evacuated
What are the political claims
- Russia “Launched A Full-Scale Invasion”: Ukraine Foreign Minister said
- Russia has implemented just self-defense actions against threats: Putin
- Biden condemns “Unprovoked attack” and US will go to Unted Nation’s Security Council resolution
- Putin says that he aims to “De-militarised” and “De-Nazify” Ukraine
- Ukraine says that World must stop the Russia by invading an indepedent country.
- Oil Prices hit a new high
It seems the situation is growing to a more aggressive and violent situation. In the 2014 Ukraine-Russia war, 6 people were killed and Russia annexed the Crimea peninsula which belonged to Ukraine previously. Since the Crimea annexation, thousands of people died over violence backed by Pro-Russian separatists, says UN.