To register a logo globally, you need to follow these steps:
- Search for existing trademarks: Before registering your logo, conduct a trademark search to make sure it is not already in use or registered by someone else.
- Choose the countries you want to protect your logo in: Trademark protection is country-specific, so you need to decide which countries you want to register your logo in.
- Hire a trademark attorney or use a trademark registration service: To navigate the complex legal process of trademark registration, consider hiring a trademark attorney or using a trademark registration service.
- File a trademark application: File a trademark application in each country where you want to protect your logo. The application should include a clear and detailed description of the logo, as well as the goods and services it will be used for.
- Wait for approval: Once your trademark application is filed, you’ll need to wait for approval from the trademark office in each country. The approval process can take several months or longer, depending on the country.
- Monitor and maintain your trademark: Once your trademark is registered, you need to monitor it to ensure no one else is using it without your permission. You will also need to renew the trademark registration periodically to keep it in force.
Note: The process of registering a logo globally can be complex and time-consuming, and it is recommended to seek the assistance of a professional to ensure the process is done correctly.
We have this service enabled in UAE, Sri Lanka, Japan and the United States.